Avalanche Center - MGI Net Directory
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:17:41 -0400
To: Selected web sites for MGI Net guide book
Subject: MGI Net Guide Book
MGI Software Corp. will be launching a new automated Internet Guide Book designed to make it easy for users to find the best sites on the Web. This service will not only increase traffic to your site but would also ensure a higher level of repeat visits, especially among professionals and family audiences. This service is provided free of charge to both users and our MGI partners (you).
Our service includes an Internet Guide Book facility which is similar to a Web directory. However, this is not an all inclusive directory like those found in Yahoo. Instead, our Guide Book will list only the top Web sites according to the following criteria:
- rich content
- excellent presentation of the content
- exciting multimedia content
- regularly updated content and Web technologies (i.e. support for new standards, etc.)
- suitable material for family audiences (including links)
- category focus
After evaluating thousands of candidates we have selected your site for inclusion in our Guide Book facility. We will be limiting the size of our guide book to about 500 sites this year. We believe that by limiting the number of sites, we can deliver the best quality service and content to our end users.
How does it work?
After selecting your site from our Guide Book, the user will receive a brief summary of your site. This summary screen includes both graphics and text along with a link so that the user can jump directly to your home page using any popular browser.
It is important to note that:
- 1. Our application is not a Web browser. It is a Web guidance system. The end user is assisted in locating and retrieving rich, suitable, and reliable content from our Web partners (you).
- 2. Our Web partners consist of an exclusive and limited group of Internet sites chosen according to the above mentioned criterion.
- 3. The purpose of our application is to create a steady stream of traffic to our Web partners' sites. There is no cost for this service.
What do we need from you?
- 1. A brief summary of your site's content (about 50 words). It is important that you let viewers know what to expect from your site while providing them with sufficient information to entice them to jump to your site.
- 2. A graphical representation of your site (or a logo) in GIF or JPG format (maximum size 400 x 400 pixels, but smaller sizes are preferred and prove to be more effective). This is a marketing tool for describing your site and can be your company logo, but preferably not a snapshot of your home page. This picture will be displayed along with the text description of your site (as requested above). We will display the image as you supply it to us, so please ensure it is the best quality possible for viewing in the given resolution.
We at MGI Software Corp. are extremely excited about our new service and look forward to welcoming you to our team.
Internet Project Manager
MGI Net Project
MGI Software Corp.
40 West Wilmot St.
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Canada, L4B 1H8
- Contributors can log in for advertising-free pages.