Avalanche Center Forum Index Avalanche Center
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ    LotteryLottery    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in  Gallery 2Gallery 2 
Moderation Policies           - RSS Feed 

Need gear suggestions please...

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avalanche Center Forum Index -> Avalanche Store
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dns809904

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Need gear suggestions please... Reply with quote

Hello,
It has recently become aware to me that I should definitely be riding with a helmet (i had an up CLOSE and personal experience with a tree yesterday!). I have also really been wanting to get into backcountry skiing/boarding and accordingly also need to get an avalanche transceiver w/ shovel and probe. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on places to read reviews and/or purchase gear, preferably getting a good package deal with everything combined. I'd also love to hear any suggestions based on personal experience!
Thanks a bunch and hope on hearing back!
Dana
dns809904

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: inactivity... Reply with quote

Wow... well based on the number of views to this message it's obvious people are here but certainly not really participating in discussions... come on.. we gotta change that people!!
Treecop

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: finding the gear Reply with quote

Hi Dana,

I snowmobile and patrol on snowmobiles for work. My buds and I all wear packs with the gear attached (shovel/probes/saw). One wears a Polaris pack that has everything external, and the pack is about $85. Gotta buy everything else separately.

I like to shop at the following for safety gear.

helmetoutletusa
backcountry

These are websites and I can't post the urls due to rules on this unfriendly site

(stupid guest user rules admin)
Not sure what helmet is the best for you for skiing or boarding, just as in snowmobiling, one that fits well and works good for whatever application you use it for.
csac
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: finding the gear Reply with quote

Treecop wrote:
I like to shop at the following for safety gear.

helmetoutletusa
backcountry

These are websites and I can't post the urls due to rules on this unfriendly site

(stupid guest user rules admin)

We're not an unfriendly site, we allow guest posting which is something most forums don't. In order to do that without having spam problems we need to use several modifications to the forum program, including disallowing urls. If you register then you can post urls.

Also, we match all prices on avalanche safety gear. But we don't carry other types of safety gear or general equipment.

Jim
Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Avalanche Center Forum Index -> Avalanche Store All times are GMT - 7 Hours

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

HOME INCIDENTS EDUCATION CENTER CSAC INFO AND DOCS AVALANCHE STORE Fresh Snow - Whats New