Mountain Snowpack 1 Course (also Module 5 of Level 1)
Feedback from Past Students
Currently all feedback is from past Level 1 students, this course has only recently been made available on a stand-alone basis. However, while it has been improved in a few ways there have not been any hugely significant changes since the feedback below was left and it is still entirely relevant.
- The average student rating for this module, out of 10, is: 8.6
- The average student rating for this Level 1 module in relation to others, out of 10, is: 8.1
- The percentage of students who felt all objectives were met is: 100%
- Select Student Comments:
- The objectives were met and retained more effectively than in the traditional 2 day field course.
- The differences between Maritime and Continental Snowpacks were covered very well. (*)
- Thought having the videos was brilliant. Great way to illustrate points.
- The whole concept of visco-elasticity became so clear.
- Another well put together module.
- The photos/drawings were definitely helpful!
- The real world examples used (rather than made up examples) were good.
- Pictures and descriptions from various mountain regions are interesting.
- The main point was emphasized well.
- Interesting information that was presented in a way to keep you engaged.
(*) The topic of snowpack climates was expanded and improved further in the 2021 update when this became available on a stand-alone basis.